Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MRT Fall Series 5K Race #5


Tuesday nights belong to  the Iredell County Fall Race Series hosted by McLelland Racing Team (MRT). The Series began October 1st and will end on November 28th with a Thanksgiving Day 10K and each race is only $10 with an option to buy a series shirt if interested.  Short sleeved shirts are $15 (from previous race series) and long sleeved are $25.

All races support a community cause, each unique to the race itself.  MRT supports local charities and resources so it's money well spent. Each race takes place in beautiful Iredell County at various community sites.  

Locations are listed on the Fall Flyer (Facebook) or in the race listing (RacesOnline).


This race location was at the Vanhoy Campground in Harmony NC.  The course was an out and back beginning on the gravel entrance to the campground then entering the local roads.  Police protection was present at the major intersection and they remained until the final runner (myself) returned to the Finish Line.

This was not my best race... not my worst but definitely not my best.  I had gotten a stomach virus over the weekend and did not realize until the race that I had remained dehydrated.  Both lower legs cramped up so I walked the entire course and am quite grateful for the volunteer that returned to finish with me.  Again, MRT is truly a supportive club.

OFFICIAL TIME:  44:26

No comments:

Post a Comment