Saturday, October 5, 2013

CRC Uptown Throwdown 12 Hr Relay


Saturday's weather was perfect for a 12 hour relay!  Lots of sunshine and an energetic group of Charlotte Running Club members made for a wonderful day in the Queen City.

Each runner did a 4 mile lap that began at Midtown Park on S Kings Drive, Charlotte NC.  The route was a loop that reversed around the pond at Freedom Park.  Very flat course on the Sugar Creek Greenway and an easy run thru Freedom Park.  The club supplied more than enough food, drinks and snack items, pop up canopies and chairs for the crowd.
I ran with team HAPPY FEET and our group placed 4th overall.  Admittedly, the run was more about getting in miles on a Saturday but it was nice to know we put forth a strong effort.  Congrats to Jaime, Iztok, Lino, Tinh and myself (Team Happy Feet) for logging lots of fun miles on a warm Saturday.


This was an un-timed event.  Laps were recorded on a board as runners returned from their laps.  Timing was up to the individuals... I timed both my laps and was happy to have done my first lap with an average pace of 13:54 per mile. I also did a 5K prior to showing up for the relay so for the day, I had a total of 13 miles (parking for the 5K added miles).  All in all a really good day for running.



No comments:

Post a Comment