Saturday, September 27, 2014

Showmars 5K

Last minute entry for this race.  My local running club, Charlotte Running Club (CRC) raffled off several entries to members and I won one of them.  Woot!  Great day for a race!  Temps in the low 60's, clear weather, easy course, and a free entry! The only thing better would have been a PR, LOL!

The t-shirts this year were also a big hit! Made by Next Apparel, red with white lettering, and a polyester / cotton / rayon blend.  Very comfortable shirt!

As in year's past, Mr C. (owner of Showmars Restaurant) was present for the festivities, greeting runners and offering non-stop smiles and support to all.  Post race amenities were great too.  Water, Gatorade, bananas, oranges and pancakes.  I also noticed at registration that a Groupon was listed for this race, $15 for one, $29 for two!

Race takes place in Pineville NC, just off of 485 beginning at the restaurant and running through surrounding neighborhoods.  There are no real steep hills other than the final .3 of a mile.  Lots of walkers at this race.

While my personal time was below a 14 mpm pace, I was more ecstatic about my running.  I cautioned myself not to go too hard and actually ran more in this race than any other I've done to date.  Today was a good day!

Official Time:  42:33




No comments:

Post a Comment