Thursday, September 11, 2014

River Jam 5K

Tonight's race was entirely in the rain.  

It was also the final race in the series.


The rain did not deter the dedicated runners but it truly did prevent the typical crowd that shows up for the music.  The rain itself was unexpected. Forecasts right up until 5pm did not predict rain  for our area, yet there it was.

We persevered. 

I broke in my new trail shoes and was quite pleased with the result, also very grateful to be wearing proper shoes on a run like today's.  Sloggy, slushy, slippery slopes.  I went slower to avoid injury and since I'm not aiming for a competitive time on this series.  I did not finish last. Yahoo!  Kudos however to the young man that did.  He earned it tonight!

OFFICIAL TIME:  54:25

Race Results and Series Information here:

No comments:

Post a Comment