Saturday, May 3, 2008

Great Harvest Bread Co 5K

What a beautiful day !!

This was my second official 5K walk/run event. The turnout was far less than the CPCC 5K but still good. Mostly die hard runners. To clarify - of the 321 runners, 199 finished in 30 minutes or less. I can only say WOW!

Only 11 walkers for this event, of which I was one, and 5 of those 11 were baby joggers. One of the 11 ran almost the entire event but her pace was such that she was only two persons ahead of the baby joggers so she is included in my walkers count :-)


My time improved slightly for this event. The guntime was 45 min 14 sec. Someone complained that the chip time was off by two seconds... no I am not kidding... so the race director has not posted chip times. The score would only improve minutely with chip times since the group was much smaller so I am content.

Weight is a tremendous factor for these runs so along with my challenge to complete the 5K in less than 30 min is the additional challenge of 'lightening the load' . The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K event is in October. I should be running full speed ahead and well streamlined by that event.

Can't wait for the next one - Friday night - Twilight 5K !!
If you're going - - see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment