Thursday, January 1, 2015

Rural Hill First Footin' 5 Miler

Love this race!  

Wonderful way to start off the New Year!  It is a traditional Scottish event located in Huntersville, with a 5 mile Trail Race (or a 1 Mile walk) included.  There is a lunch served on the grounds and lots of Scottish folklore to keep it entertaining. This was my second year running the trail race and I very much enjoyed myself! We weren't able to stay for the luncheon this year as I had an introductory CrossFit session in a neighboring city to attend. (CrossFit is not for me, BTW).

60 runners in total, fantastic Brooks technical short sleeved t-shirts, double loop course and good company!  Definitely on my list of repeats. Course is very doable with a minimal number of hills and fantastic scenery!

GUNTIME:  1:26:04


No comments:

Post a Comment