Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tampa Police Memorial 5K


Gorgeous day in Tampa Bay!  A cool early morning breeze made the weather perfect for this fundraising event.  Several times over during the course of the morning I was told "this race supports a good cause".  The community truly comes out in force to stand with the local Tampa Police Department.  

Today's route was a walk for me, just enjoying the crowds, the sights and getting away from my desk for a few hours.  I was in/out in an hour and five minutes.  Several of us parked blocks away and walked up within seconds of the Start gun which was easily accessible from any metered parking spot in downtown Tampa.  I had a trip planned after the race so I was thankful for the convenient location.  

The post race amenities were plentiful, the door prizes had tremendous drawing power for the crowd and the actual course was flat, with the exception of one bridge/hill that was steep but quite short.  Race Place (website) ranks this race quite well and deservedly so.  Definitely on my repeat list.

CHIP TIME:  47:13

No comments:

Post a Comment